1. Thanksgiving was a fabulous road trip of the ginormous variety. We drove to visit Jed’s side of the fam and to deliver a small U-haul of his parents’ stuff and a few totes of our keepsakes to store. I think we ended up driving 35ish hours over the course of about 5.5 days. We are gluttons for punishment. Hehe. But, it was so fantastic to see the family that I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
|Cracker Barrel stop!|
2. While we were with the family for the holiday we got to see someone very special…ALBAN!!!! I don’t know if I’ve shared here before that Jed’s parents are missionaries in Kosova…have I? Well, they are, and they rock. Anway, Alban is one of our dear friends from Kosova that works with Jed’s parents. It’s been 5 years since we’ve been to Kosova, so it was high time we saw our Alban again. He just happens to be in the States doing an internship for the school year and we got to spend the weekend with him at Jed’s sister’s house. YAY for family reunions!!!!
|Alban and Addy. I love this picture. It pretty much sums up their relationship 🙂|
3. We thought we had lost our camera in our move. Then we thought we found it, only to discover it really is lost. Boohooooooo. Now we’re saving up for a new one. Anyone have any suggestions on a great camera?
In the meantime I’ll have to keep using my semi-lame phone pictures to spruce up the old blog. Forgive me?
4. MAJOR NEWS!!!!!!!! Sasha, one of the Lost Boys we love so deeply is found! A family committed to adopt Sasha. I am blown away. The kids and I were FREAKING OUT when we saw the news. Havalah has prayed for Sasha faithfully every night since he became a Lost Boy. We are so thankful that he is lost no more. WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Now if we can convince his lucky family to scoop up an extra kiddo while they’re in the neighborhood we’ll be in business. 😉 Hopefully they’ll blog so I can introduce you to them at some point.
5. Thank you , thank you , thank you to each and every one of you who has shared Samuel and Sara’s story. Hundreds of people have seen their faces this week! We know that we know God’s plans for them our good. Now we get to see those plans unfold. Aren’t we lucky? Front row seats!
6. I know I owe everyone a Ukraine-Move update. Well, the update is that there’s nothing to update! Ha! We are waiting on the Lord for our next steps. We are working our tails off at paying off student debt and trusting God that He will show us what to do next. We know that we need to start working on support-raising, so that will kick in to high gear after the holidays. Your prayers are so appreciated on how to tackle that beast. We aren’t interested in our own good ideas, we are only interested in God’s strategy. So, until He tells us how to move we wait on Him.
That’s all I got folks! God is good, He is faithful, I just want to fall more in love with Him every day. I’m confident the rest of the pesky details like where we‘re going to live, and how He plans to make all this happen will fall into place in His perfect timing. 🙂
Love your sweet Hearts…
Monkey shirt!!!Will be Seth be wearing footie pjs in Disneyland? ;)Love y'all.
Right back at ya!
Oh yes, the monkey shirt gets a lot of usage around here. So do footie pj's, apparently. 🙂 Love love loves!