This is a post that has been in the works for many months, but I think you’ll find it worth the wait. (Even though you didn’t know you were waiting for it…I did.) 😉
We are so excited to introduce you to…drumroll please….
ROMANIV CHILD SPONSORSHIP!!!
You asked for it, and we are so happy that you are getting what you asked for!
Here’s the deal. Wide Awake is super blessed to have an awesome partnership with a non-profit in Indiana called Hands of Hope Adoption and Orphan Care Ministry. I wrote about them before, here. Hands of Hope has been involved in helping to improve life at Romaniv since March 2012, after Suzy, the executive director, and Lois, the Romaniv liasion first visited our Boys.
Hands of Hope provides the money that we use every week to buy bananas for the Boys. They give money for special projects around the orphanage, like outfitting a sports room for the Boys that they can use during the long winter months when they are cooped up inside for hours on end. They pay for Leysa, one of our awesome team members to go to Romaniv three days a week to teach the boys music, and lessons about Jesus. They have also partnered with Wide Awake and Mission to Ukraine to pay for the two new teachers who have begun to teach our Boys 5 days a week. They let us know how much money has been given by sponsors, and we, Wide Awake, work together with Hands of Hope and Mission to Ukraine to decide the best way to use it to most benefit our Boys.
Hands of Hope has poured a ton into our Boys over the past three years. And how do they pay for all of the awesomeness?
Hands of Hope is no new kid on the block when it comes to child sponsorship. This is their deal. They rock at it. We have been working hard with Hands of Hope to update many of the profiles of our Boys and we are so excited to share this opportunity with you.
Want a way to tangibly change the lives of the Boys? This is it. 100% of sponsor support goes toward improving the quality of life for our Boys. 100%!!!!
Here’s how it works on your end:
1. Go to Hands of Hope website and choose a boy. (I know, how can you choose? They are all amazing!)
2. Click on your adorable choice and set up your tax-deductible monthly sponsorship of $35/month. You can give by debit, credit card, or check.
3. Hands of Hope sends you a welcome pack with more info about Romaniv and your special boy.
4. You literally become “hands of hope” for our babies. THANK YOU!!!!
Here’s how it works on our end:
1. Hands of Hope sends the sponsorship money to Ukraine, to Mission to Ukraine (the fiscal agent), and lets us, Wide Awake, know how much money was sent.
2. We use the money to buy bananas three days a week, pay for teachers, and collaborate with the orphanage director, Hands of Hope, and Mission to Ukraine to pay for special projects around the orphanage that directly improve the Boys’ quality of life.
3. We update Hands of Hope on the Boys, give prayer requests, and keep them posted on any significant happenings and needs around Romaniv.
That’s the scoop! Cool, right? This is the real deal. Suzy and Lois, our friends at Hands of Hope love the Boys so much. They visited in March and for us it was like love at first sight. They are AWESOME. I can also guarantee you that the money donated is used with only the Boys’s best in mind. No money is ever in the hands of the orphanage administration. We are the ones who do all the paying and purchasing. We try to use the money prayerfully and strategically so we aren’t just throwing money at need, but we are truly using it change the culture of Romaniv. And it’s happening.
God is doing big things . Won’t you join us? 🙂
Kim n Jed n family-so glad to see Vladik is finally home with you all. He looks so very happy. Please write to me with your address as I still have a package to send to you. I miss and love you all very much. God has blessed you all n I know He has much more blessings in store for you all. Please give Huggs and kisses to ALL my grandbabies for me- sending my love and prayers to you all- friend n grandma – Dorothy Hawkins
Hi there! I passed on our address to Chrystalina. Thank you for keeping in touch!! 🙂